Greenville Rescue Mission Outreach
What is the purpose of this ministry?
- To celebrate the birthdays of the residents at the Greenville Rescue Mission with the purpose of building relationships so we can share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To provide an outreach opportunity for the CHBC family (John 4:35)
- To serve others outside of CHBC (Acts 3)
- To follow the example of our Lord by serving others and demonstrating compassion for others (Matt. 14:14-21)
- To remind the CHBC family of the importance of serving others outside of CHBC (Acts 3; Acts 8:26-40)
How does this ministry work?
- We have the privilege of going to the rescue mission every other month (six times per year) to celebrate the birthdays of the men.
- We go on the third Friday of the month.
- We provide ice cream, toppings, birthday cards from the CHBC family, and all decorations. We try to make this a fun time for the men!!!
- As the men are sitting or standing around eating ice cream, we mix & mingle with them in order to meet and talk. Our goal is to show kindness and to see how the Lord leads in the conversation. We hope to share the Gospel and/or be an encouragement to the men.
This is a tremendous outreach for CHBC. It allows us to meet men we would never meet anywhere else and to present the Gospel to them!
We have the privilege to show the men kindness and God’s love all in one evening!
“For ye have the poor always with you.”
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
II Cor. 8:9